Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013

Hey Thorne Fam! 
Goodness gracious time flies! This week has been so amazing! The miracles just continue to come and we are so blessed to be able to be here and be a part of them. What a huge blessing.

As for me: I am doing fantastic! I am so excited to be able to be in Morehead for another transfer! Thank you so much for this opportunity! I got a bit sick this past weekend but I'm nearly over it. I think it was just a bad sore throat. So I stayed in and slept for a bit Saturday morning because I hadn't slept at all the previous night and now I am doing much much better! The Lord certainly does watch out for His missionaries. :)

As for our investigators: progressing are Stephen, Kat, Bill, Jeannie and Muhammad.
Stephen we got to meet with again and he has started reading in the Book of Mormon. Not very much, but little by little. His main concern now is his current wife, June. She doesn't seem completely supposed nor completely supportive of this choice of looking in to the church. So we are meeting with both him and June this week.
Kat talked to her parents this past weekend and they okayed her getting baptized!!!!!! Her official date is November 30th. This is so big and I am so excited! Brother Curry told us she is doing amazingly and I am so proud of her. :)
Bill came to church on Sunday. He didn't particularly like it. He said he didn't "feel spiritually nourished." But we had an amazing lesson with him, Bishop and Sis Gibbs and we retaught the Restoration focusing more closely on what Revelation is and how we can receive it. He then ended the lesson by Bill giving his very first out loud prayer! Yay!
Jeannie watched conference and we stopped by her house. She is doing well but we won't be able to sit down and have a lesson with her again until October 24th.... so we are doing random drop by's and we will hold in there until then.
Muhammad is now progressing and Abdullah is not! Weird huh? Muhammad is reading from the Book of Mormon but Abdullah doesn't like to. Their biggest concern right now is that neither believe that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. They say they won't believe it until they see him doing some big miracle like parting the red sea or something. We told them stories about him healing people but they both say that's not big enough. We explained about faith 3 or 4 times but they don't understand... we're really not sure how to help them understand that... any suggestions?
As for your email:
1) I believe it would be from L.R. and Karla Hughes. We watched Sunday Morning with them. They are such a sweet couple. :) We call L.R. Hughes "the Colonel" because he is one and that's just what everyone in the ward calls him. :)

2) Transfer news!!! Sister Sperry and I are staying together in Morehead for another week!!! Woot!!!! I am so happy to be able to stay in this wonderful area with my wonderful companion and my non-creepy Ward Mission Leader (just for you Brother Curry!) and my fantastic ward family. :) I am so blessed!

3) Adams Canyon looks like a blast! So much fun! And Mandy and Melissa, you are so stunning! Love you!

4) You should be getting a link from Brother Curry soon. He took a video of Sister Sperry and I just talking and it putting it up on YouTube for all y'all to see! How fun! :D

5) Sounds like you had a super fun week and a blast of a weekend! You got some quality time with both Mandy and Brit! Lucky! Thanks for the pics. You are all so adorable! :)

6) YAY!!!! CONGRATS BREI AND CHRIS!!!! AH!!!! She is so very beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. :) How do you say her name? Is it like Bell or Bell-uh? So very beautiful. :)
As for my spiritual thought: I found my motto for this transfer! It's FHCVKPHD aka Faith, Hope, Charity, Virtue, Knowledge, Patience, Humility, and Diligence. This transfer I am really going to focus on the Christ like Attributes. Those are the 8 listed in Preach My Gospel that are also mentioned in D&C 4 but there are many many more out there. There is work we can do each and every single day to become more like our Savior. As he beckons us to "Come" unto Him, we do that by becoming more like him. That process is not always easy, but it is absolutely worth it. So this week I will be focusing on Faith and Hope since they go hand in hand. Alma 32:21 says "Faith is to hope for things which are not seen which are true." As we build our faith in Christ through daily scripture study and prayer, we will have a brighter hope for the future. I know that Christ is our ultimate example for eternal happiness. I know that as we come unto Him, we can find true joy. I invite each of you to study the scriptures and plead with your Father in Heaven each day this week and then see the difference that the simple things make. By small and simple means are great things brought to pass. Love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Love eternally,
Sister Thorne


This is on our hike up to Lakegee. So stunning. :) 
 Sister Thorne, Sister Bowman, Sister Sperry and Sister Bowling. This is our awesome group that did the hike.
 Sister Sperry took this one. She says AMT stands for "Amazing Missionary Trainer". She is so sweet. :)
Our bestest friend Emily got us some sweaters since we didn't have any good winter clothes. Here is us modeling 2 of them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment