Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013

Hey Thorne Fam!

So today's email is going to be super fast seeing as we have so much to do today! Sister Sperry still needs to pack, we need to clean, I need to get organized and we need to do some shopping. Phew. So here goes. 
I am doing fantastic out here in Morehead! Transfer calls came and I am training again and still staying here in Morehead. That means I will get to spend Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years here and more likely than not, I will also be here for my birthday!!!! I am also SO excited to train again! This will be my 6th trainee. Phew. I think I'm getting too old for this. :P And then Sister Sperry is being transferred to Edmonton, KY aka Metcalfe County, aka the most Southern area of the mission. Population: 1500. She's gonna meet some hicks and she's hoping she'll get a shotgun pulled on her. :P Oh man how I love her. :) She is also going to be companions with Sister Black!!! My oldest living child! Do you remember her? She was just after Sister Junk. I am so excited that they will get to be together! It's going to be a good transfer. :) 

As for investigators: Kat, Tung, Sandy and Danielle are progressing.

Kat is getting baptized this Saturday and I get to go!!!! Yay!!!!
Tung came to church yesterday for the first time in several months. He fell asleep.... but we're working on that. We talked over a bap date for him and taught him the LoC and WoW and he said that he has to pray about those because after he decides to live them, he won't ever go back. So he's praying about that this week.

Sandy also came to church! He is still reading and going good but he says that he wants to move out of his parents place and back to Lexington and then come and visit Morehead once a week. We are kind of worried about his continued sobriety with that decision so we will see.

Danielle wasn't able to come to church but she should be there next week. We weren't able to meet with her but we were able to drop by. We are meeting with her tonight. Turns out she's related to some members here in Morehead so perfect fellowship!
As for others, Nancy canceled. She may be dropped this coming week. Jeannie still didn't come to church. We're meeting with her tonight. Ranger we haven't heard from. He may have moved. Bill we finally dropped. We had an... interesting lesson with him Monday and dropped him Saturday. Someday though. 
As for your email:
1) the basement looks gorgeous!!!! Oh my goodness! It is totally your dream basement isn't it Mom? And the bookshelf took my breath away. Sigh... love it! And Grandpa is going to do a mural of Marsh? On what wall? That will be SO pretty! I'm so glad you're getting it done. :)

2) Josh: I am so proud of you! What an example of keeping your baptismal covenants and righteously holding the priesthood. That's my stud muffin! :D

3) Sounds like Thanksgiving is going to be a blast! Take lots of pics for me! We should be having a ton of fun here too. We will be spending the morning at Bishop Green's, then we will eat at the Ratcliff's, then we will stop by for pie at the McCurdy's and then end the night with some more awesome food with the Smedley's and Wallace's. It should be a blast! And a lot of food.... guess I better start running more!

4) AUSTIN I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! Please give him a giant hug from me. I miss my lil bro SO much! I'm so proud of you. :) 

As for my spiritual thought:
This morning I was reading Alma 26 (when you have time, please go read the whole chapter, it's SO good). In this chapter Ammon is explaining why he is so filled with joy right now. Now you've gotta think about it, just a few years ago, Ammon was going about trying to destroy the church. Now, they are coming home from their mission among the Lamanites. Some of my fav verses are 12, 23-24, 27, 29-31, and 36-47. But I wanted to focus on verse 37, the final verse. Ammon says, "This [bringing souls to repentance] is my joy and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever." Seeing the light of Christ come into someone's life is truly the greatest joy that can be felt in this life. I thank God for the opportunity every day. I know that as we continue in Thanksgiving to God every day and pray for the experience to bring but one soul unto Christ, that God will grant us our plea. Thank Him every day for your missionary experiences and then pray for more. In this is found true joy. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  
I think that's all. Gotta run! Love you all lots!!! Be good! 
Love eternally,
Sister Thorne
 This Carter County border is actually the Mission border as well so we took some fun cute pics next to it. Don't go over the line!!!
 Sister Sperry and I being absolute dorks. :)
 LOOK HOW LONG MY HAIR IS GETTING!!!!!!
Sister Sperry taught me how to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the violin. Lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment