Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

Hey Thorne Fam!

Wow this has been a crazy week! It seemed to last forever and went incredibly fast all at the same time! I guess it's true that days are weeks and weeks are days on your mission. But of course, we ended with a bang and KAT GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!! Woot! More on that later. :D

As for me: I am doing wonderfully. I love Sister LeFevre so much! She's 23, from San Antonio, Texas, but spend the last few months in St. George, she graduated from UVU with an undergrad in Communications, she wants to go into law, she's half Philippino, a convert of 5 years, very in tune with the spirit and already my sister. She is so intelligent I learn something new from her every day! This has been a huge decision for her to come on a mission and I am so proud that she did because I love her!

As for investigators: we really only have 2 truly progressing at this point. Sandy and Danielle.

First, KAT GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!! It was such a beautiful service and she was shining so brightly. Her parents came and they seemed really nice. She was baptized on Saturday and then confirmed on Sunday both by Aric. They are so cute together. Oh! And they got engaged this past weekend too! Quite the big weekend for Kat. :)
Sandy quit tobacco last night! So far so strong. That is his last thing keeping him from being baptized! We continue to review the lessons with him and help him gain his own powerful personal testimony and this next week or two are going to be the most trying. But he can do it.
Danielle had to cancel our meeting... :( but she is still reading and very interested. We'll be seeing her again in the next couple days.
Tung is not progressing and we may be dropping him. We are going to pray about it. Sister LeFevre invited him to be baptized but he just won't commit. We'll see.
Jeannie we haven't met with but she is coming to the adult session of stake conference this Saturday so we are hopeful for that.

As for your email:
1) Whoa whoa whoa... I did not even recognize Ben, Amber and Nat in those pictures. Ben and Amber are growing up so quickly! Amber sue is so beautiful! And Ben is so handsome! Crazy!
2) You know Sister Austin?!?! She's my granddaughter! Sister Saunders is training her!!! I actually got a picture with her at transfer meeting and talked with her because she's part of my posterity! SO COOL!!!! Next time I see her, I will definitely tell her about the connection.
3) As for the books, The Book Thief is gone? Sad day... :( But I do know you didn't buy Specials because you didn't like how dark it got.
4) Sounds like Thanksgiving was a blast and what a fun sleepover! I'm glad you all had so much fun. :) Thanksgiving on this end was so much fun too! You need to YouTube "Kentucky Country" The Ratcliff family (whom we ate with) had a Vegas act and actually traveled all over the world with it! They are all fiddlers. Buddy, the Dad of them all, was the first one who learned how to make violins and he taught everyone else. All the kids, grandkids and some of the great grandkids know how to play. Ratcliff violins are also known worldwide as incredible and beautiful violins. I totally thought of Mandy all day. It was so much fun to get to know them all! You'll have to tell me about the video.
5) It sounds like all you kids had a fun, adventure filled weekend! I hope that all of these stories (Mandy with her blessing, Josh with his hand, Mandy making Call Back and Britney with Caleb) all got written down in your journals! haha Love you all SO much!
6) Mom, I promise that I will cherish this season. It already means so much to me. I realize that I will never ever get to have a Christmas like this one ever again and I want to make sure that I don't miss anything. Thanks Mum. Love you! :)
7) Daddy, don't want you to feel left out so LOVE YOU TOO!!!!

My spiritual thought is short this week: 1 Nephi 11:25 talks about the significance of the Iron Rod and the Tree of Life. My invitation for you all this week is to set a goal for this coming year to read your scriptures more each day. The Stake President here challenged everyone to read 5 minutes or 2 pages or 4 columns each day. When you think about it, that's not much. But I know that it will truly bless your life and as you hold tight to the "Word of God" you will come to a true knowledge of the "Love of God". Love you all so much!

Love eternally,
Sister Thorne
 My new comp! Sister (Clara) LeFevre
 All of my living posterity! That's Sister Black, Sister Saunders, Me, Sister Sperry and Sister LeFevre. Such a happy family!
Kat's baptism!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment