Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013

Hey Thorne Fam!

Man, this week was a doozy! I feel like we did so much and worked so hard and had some good plans but nothing seemed to pan out. :/ But we will work harder next week and I know that we will see more success.

As for me: I am doing so well! We had an interesting day yesterday. We were completely iced in. It was my first big freezing rain storm! Our car was completely coated in ice and I actually got to see ice shards falling from the sky. Not snow, or hail, it's called "ice pellets", little frozen shards of rain. It was so crazy!!! So we took the day to do some more studies, and get a lot of little projects done that I just haven't had the time for and had been really piling up. So I feel so much lighter now and like I can focus so much more because I didn't realize how much I was stressing about all those little projects until they were done! Sigh... :) Such a good feeling.

As for investigators: we only have one progressing: Sandy.
Sandy is living in Lexington now during the week and in Morehead on the weekend so he did attend Stake Conference with Sister Gibbs. From what we hear he really enjoyed it. We don't really know if we are still set on his bap date. Sister Gibbs said she is not sure if he's started on tobacco again and we haven't been able to get a hold of him to check on that.... So I guess we will see next week!
Danielle canceled our appointment again. Apparently she was up all night the night before throwing up so she couldn't meet with us. Which means we didn't get the WoW taught which means she can't get baptized December 29th... So we are meeting with her this week and we will assess and move forward. Day by day.
As for everyone else, Tung we haven't met with. Jeannie came to the adult session of stake conference when Brother Curry spoke but she seemed really critical and not open at all... We are going to try to have one more lesson with her and then see.

As for your email:
1) Thanks Daddy for the hump day package!!! It was so sweet and we both really enjoyed it. :D
2) So I need to resolve something, Sister Saunders isn't training Sister Austin. I got confused. But Sister Austin was Sister LeFevre's comp in the MTC. So that's where the relation is. But I don't know where Sister Austin is at now.
3) We didn't get to go to the Broadcast last night because we didn't leave our apartment all day! :P We didn't even go to Stake Conference because the roads were too scary. But I will have to try to find time to watch it some time. :) Sounds incredible. :)
4) Brit: I'll talk to you more in your email. Love you!
5) Mandy: Sounds like you're having a blast with the Ovation girls! Enjoy it! It goes by fast. :)
6) Josh: Congrats on your calling! How fun! I bet you're doing an amazing job. :)
7) Brandon: Hey dude! I love and miss you so much! I hope that you're having an awesome Christmas!

As for my spiritual thought: I've been thinking a lot this week on Enduring to the End. EttE. It's crazy to think that I have been out here for 9 months and how much I have grown and seen in that time. Sometimes it feels like it's been eternity and sometimes it feels like it's all gone by in the blink of an eye. But I think of Elder Dube's talk at conference on Looking Forward. Yes, I have accomplished a lot. Yes, we may have come so far. But there is still so much our Father still wants to do with us. So much growing left to be a part of. One of my fav scriptures on EttE is 2 Nephi 31:20. "Wherefore ye must press forward with a steadfastness... of hope. If ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end... Ye shall have eternal life." I know that though we have each accomplished much in our lifetimes, as long as there is another day, there is more to learn. I know that as we truly devote our entire selves to God, that we will be truly happy enduring to the end. I would invite each of you to continue to press forward in righteousness, feasting up on the word of Christ and enduring to the end so that each of us may be able to partake of eternal life.

I love you all so much! Shorter email this week, not much to report on. But there will be more next week!

Love eternally, Sister Thorne
 Our next big adventure. We got stuck. Like seriously very stuck in the mud. A nice neighbor finally stopped and towed us out. It was like a foot and a half deep! That takes some talent right?....
 Playing in the snow. It was also raining. Rain while there's snow on the ground. Kentucky weather is so weird... But so much fun!!!
 This was us being iced in and deciding that obviously we needed to make a snowman. So this is Iron Snowman because he looks like Iron Man with his pepsi bottle button. Can't say we aren't creative!
 So after we made Iron Snowman, we obviously had to have a snowball fight... Obviously. So we both got soaking wet and FREEZING cold. But well worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment