Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014

Hey Thorne Fam!

This week has been a really good week! We had a couple rough patches, but every week is a roller coaster as a missionary! With the bad, always comes the good and the miracles with it. I am so very excited for this week and whatever will come with it. It's going to be awesome!!! :D

Also, I did just find out about Grandpa Great. It was quite a blow but it's something that mom and Grandma told me to prepare for even before I left. And it's very interesting that when I saw and talked to him a bit on Christmas that the thought came to me "This will be the last time. Don't forget him." I tried to deny it, but the Lord and His Spirit were preparing me even then. It's a very sad thing to realize that I won't be able to be there with you all, but I also feel peace in the knowledge of my Savior's Atonement and that he truly does understand all that I am going through. And my testimony of the Plan of Salvation which tells me that I WILL see my Grandpa again. There is peace for the burdened in the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

As for our investigators: we currently have 4 progressing: Leslie Williams, Tiffany Breeding, Connie Sparks and Harley Fultz.
Leslie came to church! Though she no longer has a bap date..... she has decided that she wants to read through the entire Bible and BofM before making a decision. I understand her preface, but she has felt the spirit so strongly and loves coming to church. So no more set date, but still moving in the right direction.
Tiffany we saw this past week for a quick moment. She was in the middle of studying for some exams so we quickly talked about courage and how the Lord will bless us when we make time for him. She wasn't able to come to church because she went home, but we are hoping to be get her there again soon.
Connie and Harley! Harley and her sister Jasmine came to church again and loved it! They still haven't made a decision about baptism, but they are both still praying about it. Connie still won't come to church.... we'll work on that. 
Chris got confirmed yesterday! It was so cool and the spirit was felt very very strongly. What an amazing experience. :)
Yoyo we lost contact with.... so hopefully we'll be able to find her again this week. Haven't been able to meet with Christine and Sean but will see them this Friday. Michael has completely dropped us. But a seed was planted! Malcolm and Brittany still don't have a bap date, but we'll keep working.
As for your email:
1) Thanks for supporting me in my decision to try and be healthier! I've lost 3 lbs over the past 2 weeks! Hopefully they stay off.... :P Thanks for the money! I'll have to think about what I'd like. :) You all are the best!!!
2) Please accept Liu and Tung. They are friends from here. Thanks!
3) The mural is looking amazing! How much left is there to do on it?
4) AAAAHHHH!!!! BRITNEY!!!! I can't even believe that it's already time for you to turn in your papers!!! I will be thinking of you all transfer day! So do you know when abouts you'll get your call? Maybe around the first week of March? That would be so cool because that is my year date! So fun! Is that pic mom sent me your mission pic? You look so gorgeous!! Holy mackerel! Have you lost more weight? You look tiny! And awesome ribbon worky thingy! You look so amazing! Way to go girl!
5) Please congrats Heather for me on her graduation! That is definitely not an easy thing to accomplish.
6) Please get this to Grandma Kathy and Grandma Great. Hey my amazing Grandma's! I just wanted to send a special thank you for both of your amazing examples. I miss you both more than words can express and I wish ever so badly that I could give you both a giant hug right now. Please know that I am praying fervently for each of you. I love you so much. You are so very strong and I hope to one day be like you both. I love you.
My spiritual thought for this week was actually just given to me moment ago by my dear Momma Deborah. She told me that as she was on her mission, she also lost her Grandpa. She then sent me D&C 84:88 which says, "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." She then bore testimony to me the there are angels bearing me up and she's sure that Grandpa will be one of them as well. The spirit touched my heart as I read that. The spirit bears witness of truth. These things I know. I know that the Plan of Happiness is real. I know that everything happens for a reason. I know that God is aware of each one of us. He knows our thoughts, our pains, our joys and our sorrows. I know that my Savior's Atonement is infinite in scope and encompasses all that I have ever felt. He understands. I know that this gospel is truly a gospel of peace and joy. I know this because I have felt it. Every single day. Even when I don't even know it. I know that there are angels watching over each of us. My Grammy, Anna, Lisa and now my Grandpa Great are just a few. I know that one day, we will be able to speak with them and truly realize how deeply involved they were with our lives. These things I know and I know that God knows I know and I WILL NOT deny them. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love always,
Sister Thorne
 HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!
 Our crazy awesome district. First row: Elder Green, Elder Magleby, Elder Behling (no he's not standing on a chair. Yes he is that tall.), Elder Gerard. Second row: Sister Airmet, Sister Logan, Sister Thorne, Sister LeFevre. I'm gonna miss them all!
 That is indeed wild turkey's roaming in the woods behind someone's yard. Apparently this is what the native's call "normal". And a big huge giant one too! I call it delicious Thanksgiving dinner.
I have recently picked up crocheting. As you may have noticed from the package I send home. I made this awesome hat and then I made one to fit Joey! How cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment