Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014

Dear Thorne Fam, 

First and foremost, I LOVE SISTER MINSON!!!! I have to tell you, it was totally the spirit putting us together. I have really watched her this week and I have been so very impressed with her teaching skills and where her heart is. She also struggled a bit with obedience at the beginning of her mission so we totally understand each other. We know our weaknesses and we are working together to become better. We are equals. I love her so much!!!! There is so much we have to learn from each other. A little about her: She is a HUGE LOTR/Hobbit fan and quotes the movies all the time. She knows Miyazaki and quotes and sings Disney with me like every day. She has a gorgeous singing voice that sounds celtic and I made her sing me to sleep a couple nights ago. :P She's a fiery red head with a sense of humor just like mine. She's from SLC so we already have a ton of plans made for when we both get home. She's 22, 2nd of 6. Her older sister served a mission, her younger sister is currently in Tokyo serving her mission and her other younger sister is turning in her papers soon. She goes home October, so only a transfer after me! She's awesome! I think she will be my very favorite companion and I'm hoping we'll be together until the end of my mission. I would love that. :) 

In other words, we have done a lot of good work this week! We found 2 new investigators this week and picked up a former. First we found Erica, with cancer. She wasn't able to come to the first appointment we set up, but we rescheduled. Next is Regan. We found her last night. She's so adorable! We said a prayer with her and she told us that she was given a Book of Mormon by a friend, but never read it. So we invited her to read 3 Nephi 14 and testified it would help her family and we are going back this week to talk about it! Then we picked up Debbie again. I'm not 100% sure how it's going to work out, but we've both felt good about it so we are going to follow the Spirit and see where it takes us!

Chris came to church!!! He totally abandoned our appointment with the Brown's last Monday night and then ignored us for a couple of days, but Saturday night contacted us and asked if we could get him a ride to church. Then while there, he said he's been praying about his bap date and he asked if he could ask someone to baptize him. We've been praying about it alot and we think that with his personality, he needs to take this at his own pace. If we push him too much, he super backs off and then will slowly come back. But he is coming. He'll get baptized. He just needs to decide when and this needs to be his choice. :)

As for your email: 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!! I thought of you so much yesterday! Thank you for being born and willing to take on the crazy life us kids have led you on. I look up to you so much and brag about you all the time. I hope to one day be half as amazing as you and I know that I will never be able to really thank you enough for all you've done for me. Love you!!
She says she's not sure if she knows a Randy Minson.
Sounds like everyone has had an awesome fun week!!!! I love you all so very much! Keep on keepin on!

Love always,
Sister Thorne

P.S. Pday next week won't be until Wednesday because.... *drum roll please* WE ARE GOING TO THE TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Which means I also won't have much time to email next week. So be forewarned. I can't wait to go!!! :D If you can't tell, I'm a little excited. :) Love y'all!
 Craziness on Sister Goodman's wheelchair. :)
 Elder and Sister Halvorsen, me and Sister Minson. The Halvorsen's are one of the office couples and I've gotten really close to them. They are going home in a couple weeks and I will miss them dearly. They're the ones who helped me through the roach apartment in Jasper. They're awesome!
Sister Minson and I at transfer meeting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment