Hola Familia! Happy Cinco de Mayo!
This was a really really long week. Until Friday and then it zipped by in a blink of an eye. Wednesday, our first appointment was a member dinner at 7 so we literally tracted from 10 to 6:30 with an hour for lunch. It was a long day. :P But Friday was district meeting and a planning blitz with the STL's and Saturday was an exchange with the STL's and Sunday was church! So the weekend went super fast. :)
Guess what???? We picked up Chris again!!!! And he came to church and loved it!!! And he's coming to Steve's (the Elder's investigator) baptism this Thursday and is so excited! He is also reading in the Book of Mormon and truly gaining a testimony. He still has far to go, but he's getting there. It turns out that he had just had a really bad week, his mom ended up in the hospital, and he didn't want to talk to anyone. But we didn't give up, dropped by again and he finally answered! Miracle!
We also have been working much much more closely with the members this week. Sister Mumford came to a lesson with us to Andrew and Jennifer on Tuesday. Neither of them are very interested in the church anymore, but we'll try one more time and may drop them after that.
We also had Rachel come to our first lesson with John. Turns out he was just looking for someone to help him clean his house and wasn't all that interested in learning about the gospel. :P But we didn't take no for an answer, sat down and talked about the Restoration. He seems to have a very strong catholic background and had a lot of questions for us. But, we were able to resolve them all and serve him, which really softened his heart.
Then we had our first lesson with Gail. Turns out she was just planning on being good friends and didn't want to hear about the gospel. But we sat down and talked about our purpose and taught her the Restoration. She seemed very intrigued but ended by saying she wanted to talk to her pastor before she read the Book of Mormon. So we committed her to read Moroni 10 before talking to him. We'll see!
We also found 5 new investigators this week! Again! Woot! We picked up Andrew (Jennifer's husband), Chris again (woot!!!!), Jason (someone we tracted into and knows one of our members really well), John and Veronica we found contacting Saturday. Things are moving forward!
As for your email:
1) Louisville was actually super obnoxious during derby. :P Sister Logan and I had to do alot of tracting because we only had 2 appointments Saturday, and no one really wanted to listen to us because they were all having huge derby parties. But we did meet a couple nice people! It was really cool to be downtown Friday for District Meeting because that is Oaks and everyone dressed up derby style and we saw them all over the streets. I was imagining derby dress as more classy black and white dresses like in My Fair Lady. Turns out I was very wrong. :P Derby colors are actually Easter colors! All the men were dressed in pale blue, green, pink and purple dress shirts and the girls were in tight mini mini dresses that looked more like shirts. Modesty is lost on today's people. :/ I completely agree with Sister Logan though, she said it totally felt like we lived in the Capitol form the Hunger Games because of how everyone dressed and acted. It totally was!
2) Rollin who? How did he know Elder Woodard? That's so crazy that they he knows him!
3) Please tell Chris and Brei that I love and miss them so! It was so good to see them again! Their family is growing so quickly. I barely recognized Luke.
4) Elder Cutler has been emailing me weekly too! It's been fun to hear from him and see how much he's changed. :)
5) Sounds like everyone is doing well. Can't wait to talk to y'all in less than a week! It will be at 2:30 your time. See you then! :D
Love always,Sister Thorne