Hey Thorne Fam!
Hello! I hope you all had a fantastic week because here in Beckley we sure did! It went by so quickly and we see babysteps coming bit by bit. We did a lot of member work this week which was much needed for this ward. We've been visiting a lot of LA's and have seen multiple miracles with that, especially yesterday. We are getting there step by step. The stake here has set a new standard to get 10 member presents a week. We will get there! I love how missionary minded this stake and ward is!
As for investigators:
First and foremost, GABE GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!! It was such a beautiful baptism and there were so many people there to support him! Sis Clifford even brought one of her nonmember friends who the Hurstbourne Elder then met with yesterday. Also, Logan (Gabe's older brother) recieved the priesthood yesterday. :) Double Yay!
The only other progressing is Debbie. We had a miracle with her yesterday. We had Bro Perrero and Bro Brooksher come over and give her a blessing as she had started the 15 step program on Saturday and then she also asked that they bless her house. They did so and she started crying both times. The blessing was so personal and beautiful and she said, "No offense to you girls, but there's something different with the men here. I feel it." :D :D :D And Bro Perrero then gave an AWESOME explanation of it all. You could see the puzzle pieces starting to come together. Hopefully we can get her to church soon!
As for your email:
1) Yes! I did get the package! It was so much fun!!!! Thank you so much! Happy St. Patty's day!
2) The other child didn't end up getting baptized with Gabe so it was all him! He so enjoyed it and his whole family was just glowing! :D
3) Tracy, Josh, Gabe and Debbie were all being taught when I got here. We haven't gotten any real hopeful new investigators. And Tracy and Josh aren't progressing anymore because we still haven't been able to get schedules lined up to meet with them. :\
4) Some quick tips for Brit: it's a little more expensive but get the missionary towels from Deseret book. The super thin ones. Amy got one for me for my bday. They are SO worth it and save a TON of space. Also, don't get any clothes that you think are "so cute" and you will "totally wear after the mission too." Cuz you won't. Get clothes that you want to wear out and then throw away after your mission and never wear again because you will be so sick of the same 8 skirts. Another thing to think of (and you can find out more from Janessa) find out what all you can buy down there and then just save the money so that you can save as much packing space as possible. I also know that (at least at the Provo MTC) you can buy a ton of stuff there for cheap. So maybe try and find a little more info on that. Other than that, keep on keepin on Brit!!!! :D I'll be thinking of you all day Saturday!!!! And my sweet Em and Jenn. Can't believe my girls are all grown up! :'D And CONGRATS SAR!!!
5) Looks like Mandy had a blast! I'm expecting a letter soon. :)
6) I also thought of Grammy all day Saturday. I miss her so much but I have never felt her more strongly than out here on my mission. Brit and Em, she will be your close guardian angel. At all times. That I can promise you.
7) I did get the TB test record. Thank you so much!!! :D Sister Smith and I are going to begin volunteering at a retirement center down the road. They require a TB test to volunteer there. We are looking for as many volunteer opportunities as possible right now because the Book of Mormon musical is coming to Louisville the end of May and it's going to rock this town to the core. Even President is worried. He has asked us all to do as many acts of service as possible and then have the members all post pics of them on facebook so we can publicize what REAL missionary work looks like. Any other ideas to help out?
8) Please accept Hannah! I love that girl! And let me know when she gets her call. She should have it by now, if not in the next couple weeks.
Love you all so much! I'll talk to you next week!!! :D
Love eternally,Sister Thorne
Me after a long exhausting weekly planning session. That's hard stuff.
part of our weekly service this week was putting together Rachel's TV and gadgets. Rachel is our RC. Love her! And she needed a techie to help her put all her wires behind her TV stand so viola! Sister Thorne and Smith to the rescue! It was a ton of fun. :)