Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013

Hey Thorne Fam!

Another week has flown by! I can't believe that this transfer is already nearly over! They just keep coming and going like leaves in the wind. And fall is already upon us. I am eager to see what the future will hold for me and how the Master will continue to shape and mold my life.

Things this week are going increasingly better. My health has improved. No headaches! And we have found a couple really solid new investigators. We are really excited for them. We have also had a lot of fun contacting college students. They are so much fun to talk to and much more open minded than the older folks in town. We are excited to see what this week holds!

Investigators are getting there, baby step by baby step. Currently progressing are Abdullah, Sandy, Kat and Erin. Abdullah and Erin are also new. They are absolutely amazing. Abdullah is Muslim from Saudi Arabia. He loves the Book of Mormon and loves learning about Christianity. He prays sincerely and has a very pure heart. He is honestly seeking. Erin is our new neighbor downstairs. She is a freshman at the college and really needed some good moral support. We started sharing the Book of Mormon with her and she has grown to love it. She is reading every day and is already planning on coming to church next Sunday. She has had a rough past, but has a very steady faith in Christ now and has a beautiful future ahead of her.

Sandy is reading and praying and opening up to us but it doesn't seem to be sinking in like we'd like it to. We will continue to pray about what to do with him.

Kat is amazing as always. She is counting down to her baptism in December (hopefully in October if her parents will let her). She wasn't able to come to church because Sunday was sorority rush and she had meetings all day. :/ But she's coming next week!

Tung is coming along. He's not progressing as he hasn't read or come to church but we got him a Vietnamese book of Mormon and will be giving that to him this week. We can only meet with him once a week on Saturday's because his school schedule is so busy. He also is going to Cross Point Christian church with a friend Kye and really likes it. He doesn't understand why he has to come to our church on Sundays when it is so far away. We are going to pray about how to teach him the importance of church.

As for your email: First and foremost! Thank you for the pics! I thoroughly enjoyed them! The house is looking beautiful! Are my walls painted purple??? *squee!!!!!!* :D :D :D And the France pics in a heart are so perfect! I love it!

Sounds like the fam is doing great! So many new things starting! But aren't beginnings just the best? I am reminded of so many beginnings in the Book of Mormon: "I, Nephi having been born of goodly parents." "And now it came to pass that Lehi spake many things unto them about how great things the Lord had done for them." "Nephi gave me, Jacob, a commandment to write that which I consider to be most precious." "Behold, I, Enos will tell you of the wriestle which I had before God." "And now I, Mormon, grant that Moroni may write somewhat concerning Christ, that perhaps someday it may profit them." "And now there was no more contention in all the land." "Now it came to pass that king Mosiah having warred a good warfare and walked uprightly before God..." "And now behold, it came to pass that there began to be a serious difficult amon the people of the Nephites." "And it came to pass that the prophecies of the prophets began to be fulfilled for there began to be greater signs and miracles wrought among the people." "Behold my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, in whom I have glorified my name- hear ye him!" "And as many as did come unto them, and did truly repent of their sins, were baptized in the name of Jesus." "And now I, Mormon, make a record of the things which I have both seen and heard and call it the Book of Mormon." "And I, Moroni, will not deny Christ." And of course the 7 words that changed the course of history: "This is my Beloved Son, Hear Him!" There is so much to be learned in beginnings. For each of you, I challenge that you will look for the lesson to be learned, on how you can improve from each of these new beginnings. I love you each very much. Never forget that. And I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love eternally,
Sister Thorne

This is how we make the cute covers to our planners. After we've glued on and laminated the pictures onto the front and back of the planners. We take a fork, bend one piece of it back, heat it up with a lighter until it's fiery hot and then we poke it through the tape! It burns through, makes a nice hole for your spiral bound to go through, and you get to play with fire! Basically, this is the way the Elders taught us. Make sense now? haha oh Elders. :)
I got to play mechanic this week. The vacuum was full of glass after the mirror broke and we didn't want to use it on the new carpet until it was all cleaned out. So we got to take it apart, clean everything out and then try to remember how to put it all back together. It still works! I also broke the door knob this week.... she pulled too hard. Darn muscles. But we got to play with that and put that back together too! It also still works! So I now know how to put together a door knob and a vacuum. Maybe we'll find a new investigator because we know these important truths. :P because we know these important truths. :P
Some crazy beautiful Kentucky weather. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment