Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014

Hey Thorne Fam!

So... I don't even think I can compose myself to type this email. Gosh darn you Mum! I was totally doing fine until you said you would be writing this letter to 2 missionaries next week. Then I completely lost it. Thankfully, Sis Minson gave me a tissue. I wanted to write a letter to Brit, but she won't get it in time and unfortunately we had to take a silly survey so that super cut out on my emailing time. So in sacrifice, the family letter will be short so I can have time to send Brit an adequate email.

So this week was a good week. We went on exchange with the STL's so I got to spend a day in the Westend in Fairdale. That's always exciting. It's amazing the stark difference between Westend and Eastend. Make sure you live on the right side of the tracks! :P It was a good exchange and I learned a lot from Sis Logan. I love her so much! It's crazy to think she's going home in just 3 weeks. Time is flying by quickly!

We've also been putting a huge emphasis this week on talking to everyone, aka contacting. We've gotten to meet a lot of new people, but not really any new investigators. But the Lord has promised us that if we keep at it, we will find someone. He never fails His promises. :)

Oh! We also had zone meeting this week and I officially got to meet President Brough!!!!! HE'S AWESOME!!!! He's absolutely hilarious, a total tease and his wife is the one who keeps him grounded. He would says something and she would pipe in, "Larry, that's not true." "In the chapel?!" "That's totally a fib." Oh she's such a doll! And President Brough is simply the greatest. I love him and his wife so much already and greatly look forward to working with them over the next 2 months. :) The only bad thing from zone meeting was that they had just refinished the gym and we were in the building for about 3 hours. Oh my goodness.... 35 high missionaries. So funny! We were all super hyper and didn't even realize how bad it was until we got back outside. So... all the trainings were really funny because none of us could think straight. Memories!

I think that's the biggest news from this week. I'll talk to y'all next week! Love you so much!!!

Love always,
Sister Thorne

 Beautiful Kentucky!
 Our apartment.
Squirrel on our window..... there's nothing else I can say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment