Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

Hey Thorne Fam!

Guess what????? I went to a chiropractor today and now I feel like I'm a brand new person! Brother Harding is a member of the La Grange ward and is the brother in law of Sister Storms (one of my best friends here in this ward) and he helps missionaries out for free!!!! So we went today for the first time and we are going again next Monday. I have been getting this yucky headaches every day for the past couple of months because of my neck and today, they disappeared! It was miraculous! Amazing! Phenomenal! He was definitely a miracle sent to us. I am so grateful. :)

Now for this week, it was a bit of a rough week for me. I learned a very important lesson about the Atonement. As we went through our week, we had a lot of people cancel their appointments moments before we were planning to come over. The cherry of it all was when one of our 2 investigators canceled for church 2 hours before Sacrament Meeting and the other just decided not to show up. As sacrament began, I felt very frustrated inside and discouraged because of all the let downs we had had this past week. I specifically prayed that an answer would come to me during church about something I could do to help the situation. The answer was not what I was expecting.
As the talks proceeded and then through Gospel Principles and Relief Society, the message that kept standing out to me was that I could not take on others burdens as my own. These people had made this choice for themselves and it was not my responsibility to let those choices bring me down. As I stepped back, I realized that that was exactly what I had been doing. They were using their agency, though wrongly, and I was letting it discourage me when there was nothing more that I could do about it. So I decided to study the Atonement more. The Savior has already born all burdens. Every single one of them. If I will consciously choose to yoke myself with Him and work WITH Him, we will both come out together in the end. And I will be stronger than I ever have been before.
So Sister Minson and I went through our Area Book and prayed about each person we are teaching. We dropped over half of them as the spirit let us know that it wasn't the right time for them and then we could bring our focus to other miracles that the Lord had in store for us. We began going through our Formers and making calls. As we talked to people, I felt more clarity and direction. One of those we called gave us a return appointment for this Saturday. I don't know exactly what direction the Lord will be taking us, but I do know several things. I know that the gift of the Spirit and of Revelation is real. I know that the Atonement can get us through every day, it will carry us if we will let it. I know that our Savior loves us and I know that we will see miracles as we put His will above our own.

As for your email:
1) I am so sorry about the trials that have been placed in everyone's lives this week. I can't even imagine the sorrow and hurt that those involved are feeling. I wish there were words of comfort that could be offered, but I've learned from Charley that the only real comfort comes from the Spirit. That is why He is called The Comforter. I pray for all involved and that the Spirit will be able to bring peace to their souls.
2) The LA we were trying to see when we met Jim had an address that didn't exist. XP Is that the LA you are referencing?
3) Sounds like you all have had an amazing week full of a ton of adventures!!!! Mom, I was especially jealous of that jam. I didn't realize how precious your homemade jam was until I tried store bought. Ugh. Never again. Please save some for me for when I get home! Jam on bread... yum.... :)
4) Elisa, thank you for taking care of my family for me! Every picture I see of you you bring such light, joy and smiles to them all, especially Mandy. Thank you for helping them smile. I know I've never met you, but I really appreciate it. I will miss you! I pray you will fly home safely. If there's ever anything I can do to help you, please just ask. Love ya!

Well, I think that's all for this week! Love you all so much!!!!

Love always,
Sister Thorne
 This is mi Hermana. Love you Brit!!!!!!
This is our mailman's horse. Our mailman is named Brian and his mom lives in our area and she's keeps the land the horse is on so we go visit her and Star (the horse) each Tuesday. Star is quickly becoming a very good friend. I love her!!!!
 Guess what???? The PGA IS BEING HELD HERE IN MIDDLETOWN!!!! I know. Crazy right?! It starts next Monday and Tiger Woods will be less than a mile away from our apartment all week! That's so crazy. So if you watch the PGA you will get a look at our beautiful area and town of Middletown and get to see Kentucky in the summer. You won't ever see anything greener!
Crazy scary spider at a door we knocked on. I have no idea what kind it is but it's big and creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment